ambi-tv alternatives for any HDMI source (boblight-v4l, hyperion etc)

Heute ist Stammtischzeit:
Jeden Donnerstag 20:30 Uhr hier im Chat.
Wer Lust hat, kann sich gerne beteiligen. ;)
  • Hi all!

Please excuse my lack of German language!

I wanted to make a thread to discuss ambi-tv alternatives and discuss the pros/advantages and cons/disadvantages of each setup. If you could all share your experience it would be great!

So far the ambilight v4l (video grabber) setups I know of are:

1) ambi-tv and our thread here
    2) boblight-v4l (I can't find much information on this, but it does take video grabber input from what I can tell)
    3) hyperion hacked to work with v4l (optimised boblight).

Has anyone tried 2) and 3)? I am waiting for my replacement RPi, but I want to try boblight-v4l and the hyperion version once I get it back. I was wondering if anyone here has tried these and how do they compare to ambi-tv ?

Thanks! Hope some of you can contribute :)

:danke_ATDE:

• ambi-tv alternatives for any HDMI source (boblight-v4l, hyperion etc)? Schau mal ob du hier fündig wirst!

• Hi, I tried hyperion yesterday, pretty cool. Easy to install, nice command line features and killerfeature Nr.1: 2-3% CPU load @50LEDs

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing.

But did you try the v4l mod? As the purpose of this thread is to discuss the v4l (video grabber compatible) applications such as ambi-TV which works for any source (ps3, DVD, TV etc), not just for XBMC, as there is a lot of discussion surrounding the normal boblight and other non v4l apps, but not the v4l versions such as boblight-v4l and the modded Hyperion above.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!